Friday, December 5, 2008

The Day Jeremiah Came into the World


Jeremiah Daniel Gerdes was born on Wednesday, May 14th, 2008 at Chesapeake General Hosptial at 4:38pm. He was delivered via c-section, because he was breech (butt down instead of head down). He weighed 7 pounds, 6 ounces and measured 19 inches. He had a full head of brown hair! What a precious baby boy! My life changed forever that day as one of my deepest dreams and desires came true! It took us a while to decide on his name. We knew we wanted the initials JD because those are the same initials for my husband, my dad, and my brother (Jeremy Dean, Jerry Dennis, and Jacob Douglas). Cool coincidence, huh?! But we just couldn't decide between Jeremiah Daniel and Jordan Daniel. It took us three days to decide, but we finally chose Jeremiah Daniel. Both names are Biblical and describe character qualities that we pray our son would grow to have (tenderhearted, follower of God).

No comments: