Friday, July 17, 2009

Oregon, here we come!!!

I'm so happy to report that everything worked out with Jeremy's work schedule and he has the weekend off! He's also able to use the rental car! So, that means we finally get to go to Oregon together! Jeremy has been there a few times before, but Jeremiah and I have never been, so we are really looking forward to it. My good friends Lisa (from college) and Annie (Lisa's mom) have let me in on all the "hot spots" in Oregon, as they used to travel there all the time as a family, when Lisa was growing up. So I already have my list of places that I want to see. :) Our "plan" is to leave early Saturday morning and spend the whole day driving along the beautiful coast of southern Washington and northern Oregon. At the top of my list of places to see, is Cannon Beach, where many movies have been filmed. I am really looking forward to seeing all of the moutains and gorgeous sights along the coastline. We have reserved a motel room in Lincoln City, which is about half-way down the Oregon coast. So we will stay there Saturday night. The motel is right next to a small state park with a public beach, so it will be fun to be able to walk along the shore there. Our original plan was to borrow our friends' camping equipment and camp somewhere along the coast, but at the last minute like this, there were no campsites still available. Oh well! On Sunday, we hope to drive over to Salem to see Jeremy's Aunt Joanna and Uncle John, and then meet up with Jeremy's friend Dan, who he knows from when they were in the Navy together. Dan was recently married, so Jeremiah and I will be able to meet his new wife. It will be fun to see everyone, since I haven't seen them since our wedding (three years ago) and they have never even met Jeremiah. Since we will be gone all weekend, my next post will be on Monday, where I'll be sure to update with lots of details and pictures!

No comments: