Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Our 1st Washington Play Date!!!






Today we had our first play date, since arriving in Washington. Last week, as we were coming off the plane, we met a very nice couple who have twins (one boy, one girl) just 12 days older than Jeremiah! So we exchanged phone numbers, and have chatted on the phone a few times since. We were finally able to schedule a play date for today! Jeremy was issued a rental car to get to work. If I want to use it for the day, the "deal" is that I have to wake up at 4:30am, drive him and his friend to work, then pick him and his friend up from work that evening. So needless to say, I won't be doing that every day (4:30am is way too early!), but at least I have the option, right?! I had the car today, so Jeremiah and I drove about 3o minutes over to Bainbridge Island, where our new friends live. We got to play for a while at their adorable country home, then we went to "Peacock Playtime," which is a place that has been designed for toddlers, with padded floors, squishy things to climb on, and TONS of toys! Of course, Jeremiah had a blast! This morning, there weren't a whole lot of kids there, so we pretty much had the place to ourselves! He walked around the play area a lot too, since he figured out right away that it was padded and cushy for falls. He walked about 15 steps (my friend and I counted together!) across the room! We were so excited!!! As we were leaving, my new friend gave me one of her spare umbrella strollers to use for the summer, which will be much easier to hall on and off the bus (when we choose to ride the bus to the ferry, etc.) than my big Graco stroller. What a blessing! We can't wait to hang out with our new friends again soon!

1 comment:

Annelise & Ethan said...

Sounds like a great day! I am glad you J.D. has new friends to play with :)